Developing Your Digital Education Strategy and Business
Coupling Standards with Technologies for Learning
CAPDM is an Online Distance Learning specialist that helps education providers to build successful businesses in online and distance learning. We work with many Universities and Business Schools, Professional Associations, Corporate Universities and government organisations around the world – to develop successful online and distance learning programmes and the business needed to sustain them.
Developing Courses and Programmes
CAPDM has been a pioneer of global learning for nearly two decades. Our successes include:
- Production of the World’s largest non-tutored MBA programme – delivery in Arabic, Chinese and Spanish variants.
- Development of the World’s first 100% online global MBA programme.
- Development of the successful website for the British Council.
To date CAPDM has
- Produced more than 20 full distance learning programmes
- Produced more than 200 individual courses
- Helped to deliver courses to thousands of students in more than 160 countries.
Integration, Functionality and Adaptive Learning
Any ‘e-learning’ developer can deliver a course in Moodle or other platforms, but
- Developing a sustainable business in online distance learning is a different matter.
- Delivering courses that fully integrate into the delivery environment, with a full range of interactive and other functionality is also a challenge.
- Delivering consistency over 50 or more course modules is a major challenge.
- Delivering highly personalised, adaptive feedback to all students on all modules is a dream.
- Developing a digital strategy integrating learning and administration is a goal.
CAPDM can deliver a holistic solution at all levels to suit the needs (and the budget) of clients.
Single-source Publishing & Personalised Learning.
CAPDM only works with content standards – semantically-rich XML, MP4, JPG, SVG, etc. This ensures that there is no proprietary lock-in, it provides a high degree of future-proofing, and it enables delivery to any platform or format.
CAPDM develop a standards-based, digital repository for all clients. All content:
- Is revision controlled, maintained and developed as a single source.
- Can be delivered to a range of platforms and formats.
All CAPDM technologies – custom learning environment modules and publishing tools – are available to clients, including CAPDM’s own Courseworker – our single-source course publishing toolkit. Courseworker is the Cloud service we use ourselves and share with other course publishing teams.
Scalable & Repeatable Production
The CAPDM model is technology agnostic, but delivery can include any course component and feature supported by contemporary learning platforms.
- Once configured, Courseworker becomes a highly consistent, scalable tool for large scale programme and course development.
- All production is batch driven, with instruction design built-in and parameterised for efficient and cost effective production.
- Courseworker changes the cost base and the capability of an institution to produce and maintain very large repositories of learning materials.
Our approach is highly layered and built on solid foundations. Additional functionality can be layered at later stages.
CAPDM: A Model a Company
CAPDM is an open, standards-based company. There are no proprietary hooks, but no barriers either to a highly integrated and functional delivery.
CAPDM Limited is named after the CAPDM Model, a generic model for publishing information.